Introduction to making beeswax candles workshop
LIVE DEMO TAKING PLACE VIA ZOOM ON JULY 5th 2022 AT 15:30 CEST
In this 120 minute workshop, I will teach you the fundamentals of making beeswax candles. Upon purchasing the workshop, you will be prompted to download a PDF which includes a link to the zoom meeting as well as a list of materials you will need to make your own candles. After the live demo, I will send all participants a link to the recording which you can view indefinitely. I will also send a workbook with step by step instructions for everything we will cover during our time together.
During our workshop I will cover:
- Tools needed to make your candles at home, alternative options to professional tools which will allow you to experiment before committing to buying expensive equipment
- Safety measures working with wax, heat and pigments. Melting points, avoiding air bubbles or thinning
- How to infuse your beeswax with natural pigments
- What types of wick you can use and which are most effective for different types of candles
- How to make dipped, tapered candles
- How to make candles using molds
- Cleaning tips
Please note that this workshop is intended for learning to work with pigments and wax to create your own candles, it is not a license to copy my exact candle designs. I am aware there are professionals interested in learning this craft for profit, that is ok but please refrain from copying our less conventional designs such as our zig zag candles or our two toned geometrical candles.